Halloween Pumpkin Stuffed Peppers
- 2 cups cooked brown or white rice
- 4 large orange bell peppers with stems intact
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 diced onion
- 1 – 15 oz can tomato sauce
- garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste
- Cut the top inch off the peppers and clean the insides, saving the tops for later.
- Using a small paring knife, fashion eyes and mouth on the widest, flattest side of each pepper.
- Place the empty peppers in a baking dish.
- Mix ground beef, tomato sauce, onion, cooked rice, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Spoon the meat mixture into each pepper, then replace the tops, using toothpicks to hold them in place.
- Bake for one hour at 350 degrees or until meat is cooked through.